- Zone 3,4,5,6,7,8,9
- Bloom Color Green
- Bloom Season Spring
- Usage Drought Tolerant Plants,Shade
- Ships November Through April
- Height At Maturity Over 20 Feet
- Exposure Full Sun
- Categories Trees
Pin Oak Tree
$19.99 - $999.99
Pin Oak Trees Information
The Pin Oaktree is a classic, stately tree that is common in the wild and gardens. If you are looking for a sturdy oak tree for your home or office garden, then the Pin Oak tree could be the answer. The Pin Oak is known for its ability to tolerate wet soil and a variety of sunlight conditions. It also has beautiful green leaves that line the branches during the summer. As the temperature starts to cool, the leaves turn red and then bronze. What are the top characteristics of the Pin Oak?
Growth and Size
The Pin Oak tree is usually found in hardiness zones 4 through 8. This means that it is found throughout the southeastern United States, including in TN.
The Pin Oak usually grows at a rate of two to three feet per year. The better the growing conditions, the faster it will grow. A Pin Oak cultivated in your yard will probably reach a height between 60 and 70 feet. If you place it in optimal conditions in the wild, this oak tree could reach over 100 feet in height. The canopy will spread between 25 and 40 feet in height when fully grown.
The Key Features of the Pin Oak
Some features you could notice about the Pin Oak include:
- This oak tree likes more acidic soil (with a pH of less than 7)
- The Pin Oak is known for growing yellow and green catkins that measure between five and seven feet in length
- The catkins usually appear during April or May
- Because the Pin Oak has a relatively shallow root ball, it is one of the easier trees to transplant
- The unique branching pattern is easiest to spot in the water
- Young Pin Oak trees usually look like pyramids; however, adult Pin Oaks usually look like ovals
If you watch your Pin Oak grow, you should notice these features as well.
Find the Best Pin Oak Trees at TN Wholesale Nursery!
The Pin Oak is a tree that will make a solid statement in your landscape. If you want the best Pin Oak, then you should trust a nursery with a solid reputation. At TN Wholesale Nursery, we have the best Pin Oak trees available. Our tree team will look at your landscape and pair you with the top Pin Oak for your needs. Please speak to our tree experts today about our Pin Oaks!