- Shipping Info
All About How We Ship & Package Your Plants For Transit
Most Asked Questions
- We Are A USDA Certified Nursery in Middle Tennessee - Served The Nursery Grower Industry For 58 Year and 3 Generations
- We Are Licensed To Ship To All States and 13 Countries
- We Ship To Homeowners & wholesalers and Have Rock Bottom Low Prices For Wholesale Companies Ordering Large Volume (prices go down as you add larger quantities)
- We Use USPS To Ship All Our Stock To Homeowners. Large Bulk Wholesale Orders We Use Old Dominion Freight Lines.
- You Can Place Orders And Pickup. Call Our Office For Pickup Location (we have 2 locations in zip 37301) and we will let you know when your order will be ready for pickup
- We Ship All Orders Out Within 5-7 Working Days Except In Spring and we get your orders out asap, it may be a little later than normal but we make sure they ship fresh dug
Want To Reserve Plants for Guaranteed Availability ?
We will be happy to hold your orders until a requested ship date. Simply put in the comments section of the online order form the date you'd like your order shipped and we will dig fresh and ship at the requested date. We Ship all items year round except trees & shrubs, we ship those in Fall, Winter and Spring (October- April 30th). No Summer Shipping on trees and shrubs.
Shipping Rates Ups Are 9-20%, depending on zip code, weight and volume of order. You will get an exact shipping total prior to entering payment information in the checkout process when you order online. This excludes machine dug trees.
How We Pack To Protect Your Plants
Every plant we ship is dug fresh a day prior to shipping. We dig your plant stock, take to the shipping warehouse and dip all roots in a moisture gel called Tera-sorb, surround Roots with peat moss or in warmer months we use straw so the plants will not overheat in transit, then wrap in heavy mill plastic and containerize in corogated pressure protectant cardboard boxes. We band every box as well as tape for no transit damage.
What is Tera Sorb?
Available in Fine, Medium, and Coarse Grades Terra Sorb is a super absorbent, potassium based co-polymer gel that significantly increases the water holding capacity of soil. It absorbs up to 200 times its weight in water and slowly releases it to nearby plants. We GUARANTEE YOUR PLANTS TO ARRIVE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION TO ANY STATE THE MANNER IN WHICH WE PACKAGE THEM.
• Significantly increase water holding capacity of soil
• Prevent plant losses due to dry soil
• Slowly release water into the root zone
Can Non-Licensed Customers Or Homeowners Order?
Sure you can. As of the year 2012 we are offering wholesale prices to homeowner's too.This has been due to an overwhelming volume of requests made in the past 10 years. Homeowner's can take advantage of wholesale grower prices and availability without having their orders shipped to a business - and we no longer require a Nursery License to order wholesale.
Transit Preparation and Time In Transit
We pack all stock to last during transit with no problems. We dip all roots in terasorb - a silicone gel, and wrap roots in peat moss to protect the roots and wrap in plastic to further hold moisture in for up to 10-12 days. Transit is never longer than 3-4 days BUT IF IT'S LONGER, YOUR PLANTS WILL LAST 2 WEEKS BEFORE EVEN NEEDING WATER.
My Plants Arrived But I Can't Plant Them Right Now
No worries, you have over 7 days to plant after receipt (shipping is usually 3-4 days), or if the weather isn't allowing you to plant - the plants will be fine if you store them in a basement, cellar or garage. Make sure the roots are not exposed (leave in plastic) and water every 3-4 days. The plants will last 2-3 weeks until you can plant.